Tuesday 5 April 2011

More than one way to skin a cat...

Pardon the title, it's merely a figure of speech

Anyhow, over the last few months, I've been getting what can only be marketing calls on the land line at home. They call, withheld number, and hang up on getting the answerphone. No message, nothing. Strictly against the rules, there are not supposed to be silent calls these days, and the companies know this, hence, I suppose, the blocked numbers preventing you from knowing which bunch of dimwitted low forehead owning knuckle dragging moronic sorry excuses for humans actually made the call in the first place.

Well, BT wanted a silly fee for blocking them. I've recently changed to TalkTalk at home, and boy, what a refreshing change it is. I can actually make changes to my account ONLINE, without having to make a phone call, be put through to someone who never seems to understand what I'm on about, then wait to talk to some mindless zombie in a call centre (not far from the Andes, or somewhere equally as remote, most likely), and then find that they messed it all up at the end of it, or find them trying to sell me something I don't want anyhow.

So, BT gone, TalkTalk in their place, and wow, I can get things done in a fraction of the time. Easy peasy, in fact. Log on, go to my account, go to manage the account, and add the anonymous call blocking for an extra three quid a month. Done. OK, I'd rather not have to pay for the extra service, as I feel it should be offered for free as a part of the package, but I suppose they have to make money somehow, lol :)

Anyhow, since getting this done, all of a sudden, no silent marketing calls. period. Seems they're getting the engaged tone now

Can't say fairer than that, now, can you?

No comments: