Tuesday 10 September 2024

 Accidentally left my notebook cover, containing a notepad, and my rose gold Kaweco fountain pen, on the coffee table in the 'output' area at work. Never noticed until I had arrived at my changeover point to drive my first bus, yesterday. When I got back, surprise surprise, it wasn't there. And no-one handed it in. We appear to have a thief at work 😡

What's so $%^&* annoying is that this isn't the first time it's happened. Last time, I lost a notepad cover, and a pair of excellent Rite In The Rain twist pencils, which RITR had discontinued in the interim. So, those were lost forever.

This time, it's the notebook cover that's been discontinued, a rather bleeding good and handy Maxpedition cover, a Faber-Castell Perfect Pencil, AND my Kaweco rose gold fountain pen. I can replace the fountain pen, but it's now 60 quid, not the thirty I paid for it, and I can replace the the Perfect Pencil as well: It's twelve quid through Amazon.

But I cannot replace the cover (3” x 5” Notebook Cover), which has since been discontinued by Maxpedition, dammit 😡 It had very handy velcro sections on the outside, to customise the cover. That had three morale patches on it. I have spares, but I shouldn't have or need to use them.

The reason I'd hauled out the cover? I'd left my usual fountain pen and pencil (both Kaweco) at home yesterday. It was a Monday. Figures. Thankfully, the item I pulled the notepad cover out to use, my emergancy Blaze Orange RITR ball point pen (RITR metal clicker pen, OR97), wasn't lost: I had stuck that in my vest penloop when I got distracted. That's 30 quid I don't have to find, at any rate.

I'm bloody furious for two reasons: One, that it's partly my fault they're gone (I should have put the gruddamn thing back in my vest pocket. I got distracted and forgot), and Second, that there's a $%^&@#* THIEF at work 😡

So. Lesson learned. It's not going to be expensive RITR waterproof paper in the notepad cover hereinafter, and replaceable gear. This means a bland black RITR 3" x 5" notebook cover, plain paper top-bound notepaper, and cheaper, replaceable, pens.

Most of all? I *want* that thief. I wanna do unspeakably KINETIC things to his hands involving bench vices, 20lb sledgehammers, nails, and pungee sticks. I wanna do that until the audience, Crown Prosecution Service, and the Police, scream and pass out from the horror of it all, not just the thief. I wanna go medieval and Inquisition-like on his extremities, and make Torquemada look like a merciful rank amateur.

Moreover? I'm FURIOUS he's made me this damned angry 😡

No comments: