Monday 1 April 2019

In less than 24 hours, one of the best social media platforms is being murdered.

I just made what's likely to be my last posting over on Google Plus, which is scheduled to be murdered by Google for the crime of being too civilised.

Too civilised as it was easy to prevent idiots from ruining our corners of the playground (blocking, circles, privacy, they all worked perfectly).

Murdered, because there was no trial conducted, no appealable verdict: Google have acted as Judge and Jury. In around 24 hours or so, give or take local time variations, they'll act as executioners as well, and stick the real-world equivalent of a non-conducting penetrating weapon through the power cables, a knife to the fibre optic data cables, and an industrial magnet to the hard drives.

At that time, one of the most user-friendly, usable, actually friendly, digital societies it has been my pleasure to be a member of, will be no more.

To say that I'm incandescent with fury over this is putting it mildly.

It is grossly unfair to faithful users who would have paid subscription fees to continue to use this platform.

I have my suspicions who was responsible for making the decision, and why it was made, but all I am able to do is curse that cowardly little wimp to the fifteenth level of hell (Dante only wrote about nine levels. There are another six at least, that he never even considered going to or writing about, they are so bloody terrible), and move on to other solutions that are not nearly as good.

I'd say more, but then I'd have to use some really horrid swear words, and I don't want my parting comment to have that content.

To everyone I've met on Google Plus: Thanks for the laughs, the tears, the creativeness, the lessons, and the entertainment.

Don't be strangers: https://wheretofind.me/@rjls

I'm also on Signal, and if you have my phone number, that's how to get me if no other ways are possible. It's on close hold, so family and close friends have it; if you haven't, don't sweat it, I likely don't know you well enough (yet).

https://youtu.be/jwIxL6p6jJ4.

No comments: