Tuesday 10 February 2009

Yup. Definately a Full Moon kinda day...

Today was not, it has to be said, much fun at all.

Naturally, it being a Full Moon, every kind of lunatic was on the road today, while I was driving my bus.

The "I'm overtaking when kids are getting off the bus on a narrow road, as I want a new hood ornament" types...

The "Stuff you, I'm first, and I'm undertaking you in heavy traffic to prove it" types...

The "£$%&*^& you, I hate buses and I'm carving you up like a roast right now" types...

There were loads more, of course, and this does not include the suicidally motivated pedestrians on their iPods and phones, blithely (and deafly) meandering into the road as I was coming down the hight street. God Lord, it's a wonder the Human Race has survived so long, given that the world appears to be populated with lunatics, the way they carry on...

Anyhow, you get the idea...

oh... and the icing on the cake?

Luckily not really something that affected me, but the traffic was burgered in all directions because of it. Seems a motorcyclist decided to try to go between two cars to get past them in very heavy traffic on the south circular in the Clapham area today, mid afternoon. He failed, and went down between them.

I don't know if he survived the mess, but given the traffic police were done with their investigation in under an hour, the chances are that he did survive, which is all the better for the two poor blighters he tried to squeeze past, since they won't have to live with the knowledge that they helped someone kill himself.

I came to the conclusion a few years back that, while it'd be nice to have a motorbike, having one in London was going to be like putting a revolver with one chamber loaded, the rest empty, to my head, and pulling the trigger a few times. Eventually, there'd be a very loud bang and a hell of a mess for someone else to clean up. Not very nice, rather selfish, and pretty foul all round, all things considered.

Bit like riding a bike in London these days.

As one motorcyclist will now be able to tell you.

As I said: Today was not, it has to be said, much fun at all.

Let's hope tomorrow's better.

No comments: