Monday 14 March 2022

It's a nice pen, this Gravitas Pocket fountain pen...!

I've found that the cartridges of ink I'm using in the Gravitas Pocket fountain pen, last about a week of consistent (journalling per day in a Leuchtturm1917 pocket-sized notebook) use.

I'm reasonably happy with that: They're small cartridges, the International size, and shouldn't last all that long with regular use.

Cleaning out the old cartridge was dead easy using the hobby syringe kit I got from Amazon; I flushed out the old cartridge with a 1ml syringe a few times with warm water, and it's now completely clean. It'll take a day or two to dry out inside, but that's no bother, as I don't plan to refill it for a few days yet.

It also means that in another week or so, I'll have two empty, cleaned cartridges that I can refill with the Diamine blue/black I bought at the London Pen Show.

The photo shows my Gravitas Pocket fountain pen, with full and empty Kaweko-brand black ink cartridges, and a couple of different model plunger format converter cartridges, that regrettably aren't much use, as the hold even less ink than an actual International-size cartridge.

In addition, the converter plungers will be pushed in as the end cap of the pen is screwed into place, forcing ink through the nib; that reduces their usefulness in this particular pen even more, which is a shame, but not the end of the world.

So, refilling old, empty cartridges may well be the long-term solution for this pen. I still have a couple of Kaweko pens, that are with my niece (Haze Peers) for fixing/repairing (she's well into fountain pens 🙂 ).

However, this one works nicely, writes even more nicely, and I REALLY like this pen too 😉

So, colour me rather happy with this purchase 😃

No comments: