Wednesday 16 March 2011

Oh, great. This always seems to happen when I'm on leave...

Well, here I am, halfway through my Spring Leave allocation, and I've apparently got Strep Throat. It hit me last Friday, and came on full force on Sunday.

Anyhow, I managed to struggle in to see the doctor on Tuesday (croaking with a really scratchy voice, like a man about ready to expire on the spot), who took one look, tried to look down my throat and failed due to my dry retching and coughing (trust me, he did his best, and then some), and who then prescribed me, on the basis of the "other exhibited symptoms", a massive course of Penicillin (seven days worth, eight tablets a day, that's two tablets four times a day, and they're not exactly small tablets either).

So all my plans to go see the better half have been royally burgered, to say the least. To say that I'm not at all pleased about this is putting it very mildly.

My question, however, is this: Why is it only on blocks of allocated leave that I get these damned bugs? Why can't I get them when I'm actually working?

Life ain't fair, sometimes

No comments: