Thursday 4 February 2010

A shift in photos...

Alright, a shift in pictures this time...

I hate you too...!

First up, although this one's driving was fine, what caught my attention was the number plate...

Let's hope that a copper with sense of humour failure doesn't see that one dark and stormy night

A Senior Moment at the fuel bay, perhaps...?

Next up, it seems someone had a senior moment (that's the polite version!) back at the depot the previous night, and forgot to fill the bus up. Luckily, I had to take my meal break back at the depot, so all I was asked to do by the controller was swap buses, and take the almost empty of fuel bus back to the depot, instead of the bus I was driving. At least the damn thing didn't run out of juice before I got there!

Sorry, the ticket machine's done a bunk!

On returning to the roads after my meal break, shortly after taking over the next bus, the ticket machine (they're called various things, "Wayfarer", "ETM (Electronic Ticket Machine", "That ******* thing there", you get the idea!), not being content with refusing to communicate with the Oystercard reader (an RFID smartcard ticketing system) decided that it wanted an early night, threw up an "Abort" error, and petulantly refused to play anymore. Result? I was left to use the much hated "EPAK", or emergency tickets, booklet. These things, on a busy night, add about 500% to the time it takes to service a bus stop. You can see why we all hate the damn things. As it was, I only sold two tickets on EPAK, so it wasn't that much of a hardship, this time. The photo was taken at the routes' eastern end bus stand; the back (electronically smudged in key places, of course!), is the pain... still, it's easier than other "solutions" they've allegedly considered in the past, I'm reliably informed...

Unbounded arrogance...

And finally... the arrogance of folks who park on bus stops frankly knowns no bounds. Not five yards further on past the stop, there's a parking bay, designated for loading and unloading. There was even a space the size of his van there. But no, this arrogant git parked right on the short bus stop outside the bus stand, causing blockages every time more than one bus wanted to serve the stop. I bloody hope he gets a ticket. Maybe he'll learn to be a bit more sensible.

Well, probably not, I suppose. Arrogance like that doesn't just get remodelled in one swoop, does it?

No comments: