Sunday 3 April 2011

Alternatives to the "golden arches"...

A couple of weeks back, I commented on some of the customers of a certain fast food chain. My opinion of these... people... hasn't changed. I still believe them to be from the shallow end of the gene pool, and that's being icily polite...

However, it occurred to me that another, slightly less comprehensive chain, with similar products, wasn't mentioned. To be fair, I should point out that I've never had any real problems with the staff or management of either chain, just some of the customers of the bigger one.

So, here's the alternative to the bigger chain's breakfast. They call in "Breakfast in Bread". Cheerfully catchy, that

I saw it first at the Burger King kiosk at Paddington station last weekend, when I nipped over to see my other half in the West Country.

Yes, McD was there too - off the concourse, in the sidelines where they now belong, but BK were there too, nearer, and a tad more civilised.

They even offer a choice of ketchup or brown sauce - naturally, being an HP kinda guy, I went for the Brown Sauce. Beat that with a stick, McD!

My doctor will, likely as not, want to beat me over the head with a stupid stick, but every so often, one needs a little... um... comfort food, to start the day off just right!

No comments: